Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hard Workin Man


So last weekend things didn't go exactly as planned. The goal was to get a majority if not all of our new deck and railing finished over the 4 day weekend. Of course, it had to to rain nearly the entire weekend. Not to mention David had to go on a search and rescue most of Memorial day. I truly believe God is always teaching us lessons. Most of you know that David is usually not very happy when the plan doesn't go according to what it is supposed to. I have to say that he really has had a pretty good attitude about the whole thing. So needless to say David has been getting home from work scarfing down some dinner and heading out to diligently work on the deck until 11:00pm or so. Oh I forgot to mention we are also learning that home projects never go according to the plan....or budget. We were going to just replace the surface with some composite and redo the railing. Well when he pulled up the old boards he found that the joists were completely rotted. So, of course he had to build a complete new foundation. Fortunately, David has had help with this whole project. Our amazing neighbor has also come over the past 3 evenings to help David do the project. We are very blessed with awesome neighbors that have become great friends. I actually think that David secretly doesn't mind one bit that he has had to this project in the evenings. It's good to see him having some guy bonding time. It's really a win win situation because I get to have a new deck that doesn't give my kids splinters and he gets to be a man and marvel at his work. It really is a vast improvement on the junkie old deck. I am very proud of my handy dandy husband.

2 comments:

kristin said...

that's not david in the top photo, is it??
the deck's lookin' good though! strong work you guys!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!
How are you all doing? We missed you at the nail party. Leah came up for the weekend it was fun to see her. Tammy and her family have moved back to Cleveland. Jordan is doing well, he just retired from the Marines and is looking for a job up north.
I get my background from cuttest blog on the block.com I just get the free ones that she has.
love ya,
Melanie

Checking it out

Sing-a-long