Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finally some fun!


So after being busy and painting all week long....literally.....we are finished. So, finally we had all day on Saturday to have nothing but pure, uninhibited fun with the kids all day long. We decided to go for a picnic and a little bit of hiking. We went to the Giant Springs park....which is right by the Missouri river. We had a great little hike....and then saw the Rainbow Trout Hatchery that is there (Boppa's fishing heaven). Then we tried a little fishing of our own at a pond near our house.....unfortunately it's not quite like Minnesota and we came up empty handed....but still managed to get a little sun and have some fun. The kids didn't want to leave. I guess we will have to wait till we get to go out on Boppa's boat to actually catch something. It was a great day!

3 comments:

Stella Borealis said...

OK, I have to ask ... what IS My David holding in the first photo?!

Cortney said...

Oh, fun! We have our fishing licenses too, so if you ever need a fishing buddy, give us a call!

Really, I can't figure out what he is holding in that first picture?!
:)

kristin said...

now I'm gonna have to go look at the first pic, too.. lol.

Checking it out

Sing-a-long