Daddy is finally home! After being gone 4 out of the last 5 weeks we are all ecstatic to have him home. The day after he got home the base had their annual air show. And daddy got to be a part of the act. He got to demonstrate a rescue operation for someone lost in the mountains. Flying in the helicopter is the "fun" part of his duties. He gets to fly once a week...and is on call for rescue flights. After his little demonstration they had security forces faked a little combat confrontation with "the enemy" complete with fake ammo, smoke grenades, and the big tank. Although it's always exciting to see daddy in action....the best part of the show is the 9 Canadian snowbirds that fly. They also let the kids hang out on the tank, and in the helicopters, oh and also the fire trucks. I think this was Elijah's favorite part. He is such a tactile kid.
I just told him to not break anything.....because we didn't really have an extra 400,000 lying around. The kids were pretty excited about the free stuff too. They gave out baseballs and basketballs bearing the logo of the National Guard of course. The only bummer of the whole day is that my dumb camera was out of order. Every we try to use the camera the batteries don't seem to have enough juice despite the countless times we recharge them. I think we need to invest in about 5 more just to be safe. Nothing is more frustrating them missing out on amazing pictures of family outings ( that I have to blog about) that only happen once a year. Thankfully another Air Force wife hooked me up with a few pictures of the day.
I've moved!!!
12 years ago



1 comment:
wow. that looks like every boy and/or man's DREAM! amazing
Post a Comment