Saturday, September 19, 2009

Playing Princess

For the past two years David has avoided the Air Force Ball by not letting me know about it till it was too late.  But this year I was on top of things and after much begging and using our kids inappropriately by saying "daddy doesn't want to take me to the ball", he finally agreed to go!  I made it easy for him too....I borrowed a fabulous dress, only spent $8.67 on my shoes, did my own toes and hair and make-up, and scheduled the babysitter who doubled as our photographer beforehand.  Of course, he had a last minute patient and had to cruise home 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave and put on all his crazy "gear".  Then I dragged him into a wheat field thinking it would be cool to have some pics in our glam wear in the Montana surroundings. First of all, like most guys he doesn't exactly enjoy pictures, then add 90 degree heat.....and lots and lots of dust and you can imagine the impatience.  However, David stuck with it....and we managed to get cleaned up and on time for ball.  Once we got their I was shocked at how well David worked the room.  So weird to not be the one knowing everyone.  I think it has a lot to do with the amount or respect his co-workers and bosses have for him.  Several people I talked to told me how much they appreciate David as their doctor.  After the toasts, and dinner, and pomp and circumstance was over....the dance began.  I can't say the DJ was the best I had ever heard.  But they did play several songs that we managed to get on the dance floor for.  The funniest thing of all is that I think David actually enjoyed dancing even more than I did.  He has definitely got some sweet dance moves.....that came out on the floor.  We had such a great night.....and afterward David had to admit that I was right in saying that we would enjoy it.

P.S. When I was rereading my post I noticed David had changed my wording when he was helping upload the pictures from "pent up dance frustration......too sweet dance moves.  When I told him I had discovered his little move he started laughing hysterically.  Just had to add that in for the record.










2 comments:

Wendy P said...

The pictures are gorgous! You look gorgous. The dance sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could have talked Mitch into the thing, but he NEVER told me about it. Not even a mention. I am glad you has fun, and might I say one more time, you look beautiful.

Uncle Andy said...

Those are fun pictures!

ARB

Checking it out

Sing-a-long