Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hiking at Estes Park






So far our plans this summer has included a 7 week manning assist at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming. However, I have to say it really has been a nice little get away for us. This weekend David wasn't on call so we conveniently decided to Fort Collins, Colorado which is only about 45 minutes away from Cheyenne. Today we spent the day hiking at Estes Park in the Rocky Mountains. We are staying the night at the La Quinta for free thanks to the 30 some days David stayed at the chain in San Antonio last fall. The kids always love an opportunity to go swimming. And tomorrow we are going to go hit the outlet malls. What could be better? It's been a great little vacation that I think is well deserved, seeing as David has been gone pretty much all last fall, and this spring. We are also kinda having a continued celebration of our ninth anniversary and father's day all in one. It's funny when we first found out about having to go we weren't so excited. But it really has ended up being a great trip.

5 comments:

Macks and Knickknacks said...

You guys are amazing! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone hiking with that many kiddos! Ann you and David are amazing at being relaxed parents and raising good kids, and I want to be just like you when I grow up. Love You!

kristin said...

looks like SUCH fun! I LOVE that land soo much, and I'm so glad you guys get to enjoy it like we have soo many times! I second "macks and knickknacks" comment!

Jon Oettel said...

Nice pictures... we really miss you. Ahna is starting to chat with us, which is fun... I'm sure you remember those first few noises of conversation... she will probably be an early talker... Looks like a great time. I can't wait to share some with you! Jon & Lacey

Beth said...

Hi Ann! We went to Estes Park 2 yrs ago and we loved it! We wish we were there. Sounds like you are having a great summer.

Tina said...

Beautiful pictures! We hope that you are having a great time in Colorado. It looks like all the kids really like hiking and being outdoors. We love you and can't wait to be with you. ~Dan and Tina

Checking it out

Sing-a-long