Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lord, teach us to pray!

I figured it's about time to update our spot. On the outside it appears things have been pretty low-key around here lately. However, I believe a very significant thing is happening in our lives right now. Last Sunday at our church we kicked off the "40 days of prayer" campaign. The entire church has started reading a devotional study on how to pray. David and I will be leading a small group discussing this study, the sermons will be on prayer, even our children are learning about how to pray during their kids service. So, far I have been completely energized by being devoted to spending time with the Lord every day. Imagine that. I have realized although I have walked with the Lord since I was little.....I am still a little child when it comes to praying. There is so much that I know the Lord wants to teach me. This move to Montana has been such a period of growth for David and I....and the family. More than anything I desire that my children understand what prayer is. It's not just something we "do" before school, at dinner, or at bed. It's about our constant relationship with the Lord. I am praying that they will begin to understand this relationship....and grow in their faiths. I am looking forward to see lots of fruit! I couldn't help asking my kids what they thought about prayer.


2 comments:

Cortney said...

That is too funny! Your kids crack me up! You are such a great mom and you always look so put together! I am so glad that God brought you here and all you do! I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

kristin said...

that's awesome. they're getting it!

Checking it out

Sing-a-long